Status

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Wed Jun 13 00:48:54 PDT 2007

I wrote:
> I get 11.30 seconds simulation for 10 seconds of real time, on an

That was with bitfields disabled, so each microinstruction field
was stored in a separate unsigned int in the structure.

When I enable bitfields, the benchmark gets worse:  only 10.65 seconds
of simulation per 10 seconds of real time.  I don't think that
the use of a bitfield per se is the problem; the shifts and masks
should be identical to what your macros would do.  It's worth a
try, though.

Eric