Status

Juergen Buchmueller pullmoll at t-online.de
Wed Jun 13 02:05:56 PDT 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:34:30 -0700 (PDT)
"Eric Smith" <eric at brouhaha.com> wrote:

[snip]
> Perhaps static and edge functions, though static might be confused
> by some readers with the unrelated C concept of static functions.

Well, static to me would suggest something like fixed, non-changing, but
that may be just because my native tongue isn't English. For me latched and
opposite of latched, if it exists, would be a good choice. Maybe floating,
or dynamic, versus latched or edge.

Thanks to your drawing I learned that there are not two latching edges, but
just one. Now the reason for the ordering of the several stages is obvious
to me.

For the speeds: I think we should later think about ways to improve them,
because you're right: it's more important to eliminate the bugs first. I'm
only curious why the difference between your machine and mine isn't much
greater, because your box is much more powerful than mine.