Alto Ether

Al Kossow aek at spies.com
Sat Jul 14 17:27:44 PDT 2007

Juergen Buchmueller wrote:

> The most interesting question: how could real Altos take part in any such
> scenario? Build some Alto Ethernet to TCP over IPv4 gateway hardware?

Stanford wrote gateway code to do this using the multibus SUN 3Mbit ethernet
card. As I remember they encapsulated PUPS inside of IP packets.

I'll dig up all the code I have for this. At one point a LONG time ago I had
a SUN 3 configured with a multibus-VME converter with one of these cards and
could watch packets being sent by the sniffer program running on an Alto.