Alto Ether

Al Kossow aek at spies.com
Sun Jul 15 11:33:23 PDT 2007

All sorts of interesting things happen once the net gets running.
Something you will also want to simulate is the Trident disk interface.
Once you have that working, you can try bringing up the IFS (interim file server)
which lets you do things like network booting. We would REALLY like to have a file
server of some form on the 3mb net at the Museum we're going to put together for
the Alto restoration.

There are some unix-side services written at Stanford for net booting. That's where
the boot images came from. That stuff ran off of Nowiki's packet filter code.