Improving the Salto simulator

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Jun 3 11:58:38 PDT 2010

I'm working on getting a robust, stable environment to simulate the Alto
and be able to run Alto software.

Because we wanted to be able to use network-based software like Maze
Wars and Mesa, we went with the Salto simulator.

I've done a bit of work to make the code a little more portable, cleaned
up some issues relating to i586 vs. x86_64 hosting, etc.

Has anyone else worked a lot with Salto?

Maybe have a partial list of bugs or incompatibilities?

Any patches they wrote locally but never got upstream?

Thanks,

-Philip