Known memory locations, etc.

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Wed Jun 16 17:43:17 PDT 2010

On 6/16/10 2:32 PM, Philip A. Prindeville wrote:

>> If you have the BCPL development disk, you should have this already.
>>

> Alas, I don't.  Where can I get a copy?

Five disk images are up now under http://bitsavers.org/bits/Xerox/Alto/disks

bcpl.dsk.gz
bravox.dsk.gz
diags.dsk.gz
games.dsk.gz
xmsmall.dsk.gz

BravoX needs Mesa microcode loaded. I forget if it will load it into
the WCS if it isn't in prom.

If you can get bravox and smalltalk working, i'll try digging up some
more, like the Mesa development environment.

I have been holding off on releasing these, since I've been working for
years to get PARC to officially release all of the sources through CHM.