HHC 2008 and HP Community Update

Don and Suzanne Shepherd shepherd at iglou.com
Wed Aug 6 11:20:47 PDT 2008

Hi Richard, this is Don Shepherd.

I had planned on coming to the conference again this year, but I had quadruple-bypass heart surgery in June, and while the recovery process is going OK, I think that dealing with airports and connecting flights and layovers will just be too much for me.  My doctor says I need to be relaxing, and I will have to take a bye this year.  But next year is another story.

If I did attend, I wanted to give a talk on the HP-65 programs used aboard Apollo-Soyuz.  Unfortunately, I was not able (through contacts at NASA, including Sol Liebergot of Apollo 13 fame; he's the one that said they had to close the reactant valves to try to stop the leak, thus losing the landing on the moon) to find out any info on those programs.  It would have made a terrific presentation, but it was not to be.

Don Shepherd