Conference Update 080820

Richard Nelson rjnelsoncf at cox.net
Wed Aug 20 10:42:18 PDT 2008

Hello HHCers,

Here is a Conference update.

1.  The Conference planning is coming along very nicely.  Our list of speakers and topics is varied and timely.  I am very pleased and I am always astounded at how the program comes together with such a nice balance of interesting and informative topics for HP Calculator users.  If all goes well we will even meet a new HP person in addition to, by now, well known Sam and Cyrille.  I will provide additional information and details of the Conference schedule as we get closer to the Conference date.  I will also be updating the Door Prize list and if any of you have donations please email me the information at:

2.  Conference hotel room status report.  The following rooms are available.

Thursday, September, 25, 2008 - 4 rooms.  Rate is higher due to USC football game in town.

Friday, September 26, 2008  - 4 rooms at the Conference rate of $89.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 - 0 rooms at the Conference rate, sold out, but 7 rooms at a $109 rate.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 12 rooms at the Conference rate.

In other words the hotel is nearly sold out.  If you haven't made your reservations yet call the hotel at 1-541-752-0800 and mention HHC 2008.

3. Complimentary breakfast.  The breakfast bar is open M-F 6:30-9:30 AM. Sat. & Sun. 7-10 AM.

4.  The HP20b Calculator Manual, P/N F2219-90201, 1st Edition dated August 2008 is available at:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/product_pdfs/HP_20b_Online_Manual.pdf

5.  Dinner meeting.  Will or could you be in Seattle on Thursday evening (9/25)?  If so contact me or Wlodek about a dinner gathering of the old Seattle PPC Chapter.

6.  Friday evening 9/26 gathering.  The HPCC is having a dinner gathering at a Corvallis restaurant and everyone is invited.  See the HHC 2008 website for details.

7.  What are your interests?  If there is anything you would like to have presented or demonstrated be sure to contact any committee member - see the web site at:  http://holyjoe.net/hhc2008/  - and we will make every effort to include it at the Conference.

Since everyone is from out of town the HHC Committee will be scurrying around making preparations on Friday afternoon, but we hope to be finished by the 7 PM Friday evening gathering.

Email:
Wired phone:  (480) 584-4453
Mobile phone: (949) 296-5406
Physical Address:
Fountain of the Sun

Peruse the annual HP Handheld Conference at:  http://holyjoe.net/hhc2008/
You may also visit five previous HHC's by changing the "8" from "3" to "7."
One of our goals is to document and record HP Handheld User Community history
and accomplishments.  For general information see the Conference report at the
HHC 2007 website link given above.  Current HP & Community news may be
found under the XEQ key at the newly designed 2008 website.

The UK HPCC will have their 2008 meeting in London September 13th .  Check
their web site at:  http://www.hpcc.org/conferences/index.html