green magnetic viewing paper

Richard Nelson rjnelsoncf at cox.net
Wed Oct 8 10:57:57 PDT 2008

As responded to on the HHC List.

Hello Jeremy,

I would like one square foot IF it will be a good quality square foot.
It should be free of scratches and creases with a uniform color.

What is the link for the specifications?

I have lots of poor quality film so I don't need more UNLESS it is
defect free good quality.

The product you are thinking of is a fine suspension of magnetic
particles between a clear plastic viewing top and a thin aluminum
bottom disc.  I used to have one.  I took it on a trip in my pocket
and the decompression of the plane cabin caused it to expand and
leak making it unusable.  At several hundred dollars (at the time)
I did not buy another one.  It was a bit small in diameter - the larger
ones were way too expensive.  It would nicely show the bits on a
magnetic card.

I have a very large collection of magnets.  The green film is used
to demonstrate and identify the poles (more difficult using
conventional means if there are more than two poles) of the magnet.

Do I need to send you a check once you confirm the quality of
the film?  Can't you call the manufacturer?

I would photograph the types of defects I have seen but
the film is still in boxes I am unpacking - hundreds of them.
I have seen one 4 " x 4" piece (minimum size for group
demonstrations) recently but I can't find it right now.