HP 12C Story

Roger Hill rhill at siue.edu
Fri Jul 22 23:59:40 PDT 2011

Hi again,

Sorry if the :-) at the end didn't belay the True Nature of my
statement.  I guess one could say that, on MY calculator, the
"function" is invoked by turning the calculator over, reading the last
5 digits of the serial number, interpreting it as a percent (i.e.
00314% = 3.14), and deciding that further digits are not needed in
financial work.......

More seriously, I don't know of any way to get pi except by user
programming (but then again, as I said, I have not used the calculator
much).

Sheepishly,

-- Roger

------------ On Don Shepherd's message ------------