Conference Update

Howard Owen egbokalaka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:18:48 PDT 2011

Get well soon, Richard.

That divestment update is intriguing. It makes me wonder, regardless of how
the decision goes, how much do you suppose HP has lost from the distractions
of such an ugly process? Big structural changes are naturally disruptive, of
course. I'm sure companies faced with such changes try to take those costs
into account, as far as possible, and balance them against expected
benefits. But telegraphing a tsunami scale change like this and then backing
out has got to hurt in lots of ways.

Howard