HP PC's

David Ramsey dramsey at neko.com
Sat Oct 15 20:16:58 PDT 2011

Well, HP PCs are commodities, for the most part, built with the same care and attention of a Dell or Gateway. Certainly nothing to write home about.

HP used to have a nice boutique operation called Voodoo PC, who made the wonderful Blackbird computer, but a couple of years after they bought Voodoo they closed it down.

Their servers (Z800 series) are very nice, but quite expensive.

Honestly, unless you go for a customized system (Falcon Northwest, Cyberpower, Alienware, etc.) or a Mac you're gonna get the same commodity components in the same cheap case. The biggest problem is scrubbing all the bloatware off the system.

-- David