HP's biggest blunder

Richard richard1941 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:05:56 PDT 2011

You are reminding me of my experience at Northrop.  When I first joined, the
founder was retired, but his widow's boyfriend was running the company.   It
was very much an engineering company.   Then the MBA types took over, and it
became a totally political/financial company.    The bottom line: the
directors are required to maximize shareholder value.  Whatever it takes,
fair or unfair, honest or crooked, right or wrong.   Like all biological
waste, this flows downhill through the layers of management and gets dumped
on the head of the engineer.

To learn more, you can join SHRM and get their journal.

  _____