HHC Investigating Continues - Decision needed

Richard J. Nelson rjnelsoncf at cox.net
Thu May 3 10:20:18 PDT 2012


Thanks Bill,

What I need to know is that you received the newsletter BECAUSE you signed
up at the new sign up page started in late September of last year.

Thanks,

X < > Y,

Richard


Richard J. Nelson
Richard Nelson Consulting
Editor HP Solve
Home:  480-584-4453  Message – You must speak for me to pick up
Cell:     949-296-5406  (on 24/7)
8344 E. Desert Trail
Mesa, AZ 85208-4737
Calcfan, eMail rjnelsoncf at cox.net

Attend HHC 2012; See hhuc.us 
Please note:  Because I correspond with many people both in and outside of 
HP, I treat my correspondence as public domain.  If you have something you 
would like to be kept confidential, please indicate what it is.  I will
assume that 
I may publish email related to calculators in  HP Solve. If you correspond 
with me you must specifically tell me if anything you say should be kept 
confidential.  Because  HP Solve has a worldwide readership I would also
like 
to know where you live; Country and city.


-----Original Message-----
From: hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com [mailto:hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com]
On Behalf Of Bill Zimmerly
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 9:52 AM
To: Handheld Computing Conference discussion list
Subject: Re: HHC Investigating Continues - Decision needed

Richard, just as an FYI, I received the "official" HP-Solve notification
today.
- Bill

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Richard J. Nelson <rjnelsoncf at cox.net>
wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> Excellent list.
>
> Nothing is decided.
>
>  I will press HP (again) for a local contact you can work with so we 
> can have all the numbers we need to make a decision.
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> X < > Y,
>
> Richard
>
> Richard J. Nelson
> Richard Nelson Consulting
> Editor HP Solve
> Home:  480-584-4453  Message – You must speak for me to pick up
> Cell:     949-296-5406  (on 24/7)
> 8344 E. Desert Trail
> Mesa, AZ 85208-4737
> Calcfan, eMail rjnelsoncf at cox.net
>
> Attend HHC 2012; See hhuc.us
> Please note:  Because I correspond with many people both in and 
> outside of HP, I treat my correspondence as public domain.  If you 
> have something you would like to be kept confidential, please indicate 
> what it is.  I will assume that I may publish email related to 
> calculators in  HP Solve. If you correspond with me you must 
> specifically tell me if anything you say should be kept confidential.  
> Because  HP Solve has a worldwide readership I would also like to know 
> where you live; Country and city.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com 
> [mailto:hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com]
> On Behalf Of Eric Rechlin
> Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:35 AM
> To: 'Handheld Computing Conference discussion list'
> Subject: Re: HHC Investigating Continues - Decision needed
>
>> BTW the favored location seems to be Nashville - by far.
>
> Obviously I am biased, but I should give some reasons in favor of Houston:
>
> 1. Centrally located, being relatively easy to get to both for 
> southern Californians as well as those on the east coast.
> 2. Two major airports (IAH and HOU) serving more cities non-stop than 
> almost any other place, including non-stop flights on United to all 
> major continents.
> 3. Second-biggest theater district in the country (after NYC).
> 4. It's the most diverse city in the US, contributing to it being 
> possibly the best place to eat out in the US (both in terms of variety and
value).
> 5. World-class museum district, ranging from the normal (Museum of 
> Fine Arts, Museum of Natural History, Holocaust Museum) to the more 
> obscure (Museum of Printing History, Art Car Museum -- home of the 
> annual Art Car Parade, biggest in the US).
> 6. Some of the largest city parks in the US, including Memorial Park 
> near downtown, which is twice the size of NYC's Central Park, and 
> George Bush Park, which is 7800 acres.
> 7. For those traveling from far away who want to spend more time, 
> Austin (the live music capital of the world) is not far away.  The 
> Austin area (the Texas Hill Country) also has some of the best 
> barbecue around, plenty of outdoor activities at numerous parks, and a
whole bunch of breweries.
> 8. Although Houston has a lot of traffic, it also has what is quite 
> possibly the most advanced highway network in the world.  There's a 
> small 42-mile loop around the city center, then a larger 88 mile loop 
> around most of Houston, and now under construction a 170-mile Highway 
> 99, which would be the largest loop in the world.  All are connected 
> with "spokes", via multiple four- and five-level stacks, and some 
> spokes (such as I-10) are up to 500 feet (and 24 lanes) wide.
> 9. I can't forget NASA's Johnson Space Center, also, which could be a 
> good Monday destination.  Home of Mission Control, the astronaut 
> training facilities (including the Neutral Buoyancy Lab, the largest 
> indoor pool in the world at 6.2 million gallons), and a Saturn V moon 
> rocket, among other rockets.
>
> And of course, relevant to the conference:
>
> 1. Home to the biggest HP facility, meaning support from HP would 
> probably be better in Houston than most other places.
>
> Eric
>
> _______________________________________________
> HHC mailing list
> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
>
> _______________________________________________
> HHC mailing list
> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
_______________________________________________
HHC mailing list
HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc



More information about the HHC mailing list