HHC 2013 observations/Programming

Richard richard1941 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:11:05 PDT 2013

I adopted a programming paradigm that served me very well on the Palm:
morphing.

The idea is to start with the source code for a program that works, and
change one little detail at a time until you morph it into what you want.
Along the way, you learn to program.  Even if you never saw the language
before.

Please do not disclose this idea to human resource people; they say that you
cannot program unless you have ten years programming experience  with the
exact tools and language that management imposes on you, and on the exact
problem that they are trying to solve.

So, imagine the possibilities if the source code for the triangle solver
became known and if the compiler for it became accessible.

As for the next generation taking technology to new heights, imagine what
they might achieve if they were allowed to do actual programming.   Remember
when calculators were advertised with the euphemism "pre-programmed" ?
Like Hitler and Stalin radios that were "pre-tuned" to the government
station.

. . . Richard