HHC 2013 observations/Programming

Richard richard1941 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 11:28:01 PDT 2013

Actually, it is worse than you disclose here.   Immigrants brought in on the
H1-B are frequently required to sign an agreement designating the employer
as their attorney for all matters related to immigration.   This locks the
worker into a very ugly form of bondage wherein he cannot seek another job.

None of this abuse is the fault of the immigrant; it is the fault of the HR
professional who would like to see the 13th amendment repealed.

But some HR professionals take advantage of a loophole in the 13th
amendment.   For example Geogroup and Correctional Corporation of America
use incarcerated prisoners to run internal industries for $1 per day.   If a
prisoner declines this work, he may be subjected to sleep deprivation, cold
temperatures, and claustrophobic confinement, none of which leaves any kind
of mark or other evidence on the victim.    That is HR taken to a whole new
level!