HHC 2014 - Nashville is being Investigated

David Hayden dave at larou.com
Mon Jan 6 16:59:23 PST 2014


We really enjoyed Nashville (Scottie was there, but incognito). A bigger 
room would be nice of course if it's possible.

The conference fee is a tiny fraction of the cost for us to attend HHC 
so personally I don't mind if that costs more. Airfare has been about 
the same from the NYC area whether flying to Nashville, Denver or San 
Diego (maybe because I'm bad at shopping for airfares). So for me, the 
big costs that the committee can influence are the hotel room and 
transportation from the airport - specifically whether a rental car is 
necessary.

Hope this helps. Thanks Richard and the rest of the committee for all 
that you guys do. Enjoy CES!!

Dave

On 1/6/2014 6:24 PM, Richard J. Nelson wrote:
>
> Hello HHCers,
>
> CES starts tomorrow and I like to have any personal inputs I get while 
> attending the show before we start the more formal process of deciding 
> on where HHC 2014 should be held.
>
> Gene has suggested that we use Nashville again after a very positive 
> set of cost elements worked in our favor for HHC 2012.  It was Plan B 
> and the room was less desirable for several reasons -- Gene thinks it 
> could have been much better and that is good.  Thanks Gene for taking 
> on this challenging task.
>
> *What are the other possibilities we should be considering?*Reno and 
> Las Vegas are popular but quite expensive and they have been 
> unacceptably expensive in the past.  I will check one source (verify 
> again) in Vegas when I arrive tomorrow.
>
> Comments welcome and very much needed.
>
> *BTW, we will be having a dinner meeting at the Circus Circus Buffet 
> at 7:30 PM on Thursday January 9^th in case you are attending CES.  
> Here is a recent photo at the Circus Circus buffet.*
>
> **
>
> ******
>
>       New Jersey        Belgium      Colorado      California 
> Arizona            Illinois           Nevada
>
> At least five of these people will be attending again -- Jake, Jo, 
> RichardN, Brian, and Sam.  Jake was planning on attending but is 
> prevented by weather.  Three others not shown plan on attending.
>
> X < > Y,
>
> Richard
>
> Richard J. Nelson
> Richard Nelson Consulting
>
> Technical Editor */HP Solve/*
>
> Email: rjnelsoncf at cox.net <mailto:rjnelsoncf at cox.net>, hpsolve at hp.com 
> <mailto:hpsolve at hp.com>
> Wired phone:  (480) 584-4453 Listen to end and speak or I won't pick up.
> Mobile phone: (949) 296-5406
> Skype Name: Calcfan
> Physical Address:
> Fountain of the Sun
> 8344 E. Desert Trail
> Mesa, AZ 85208-4737
>
> HHC Conferences may be found at: http://hhuc.us <http://hhuc.us/>
>
> The photos, articles, and reports on these historical sites are 
> especially nice.
>
> *_Please note:_*  Because I correspond with many people both in and 
> outside of
>
> HP, I treat my correspondence as public domain.  If you have something 
> you
>
> would like to be kept confidential, please indicate what it is.  I 
> will assume that
>
> I may publish email related to calculators in */HP Solve/*. If you 
> correspond
>
> with me you must specifically tell me if anything you say should be kept
>
> confidential. Because */HP Solve/*has a worldwide readership I would 
> also like
>
> to know where you live; Country and city.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> HHC mailing list
> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20140106/51be6773/attachment-0001.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 32407 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20140106/51be6773/attachment-0001.jpe 


More information about the HHC mailing list