Making A Magnet - Off topic

Roger Hill rhill at siue.edu
Mon Jul 21 16:22:29 MDT 2014

Of course, you have to locate an isolated north pole, which nobody
has ever done yet....  I believe a magnetic monopole would have mass
if it existed (with no mass it would be going at the speed of light),
and of course stored energy in the magnetic field.   A north monopole
near the earth would get a force in a "magnetically-southerly"
direction (toward the south magnetic pole), or a
"geograpically-northerly" direction.  Interesting idea of "tacking".

-- Roger

------------ On Richard S's message ------------