HHC 2014 Location is decided - better late than never?

Richard J. Nelson rjnelsoncf at cox.net
Sat May 24 10:54:57 MDT 2014

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to compile/researching the dates.

Please forgive me for the sloppy use of the math term formula.  It was/is
incorrect.  Perhaps the term guidelines is a better way of expressing how we
arrive at a conference date.  When it comes to dealing with people formulas
should not be applied because absoluteness is not a human quality.  In the
earliest years we didn't follow the guidelines but it is safe to say that
since we have followed the guidelines we have had the Conference between
mid-September and mid-October.  Unfortunately I don't remember the factors
that came to play for each year's decision.  I only know that it wasn't my
choice in determining most of the dates.  HP has even played a role in
making the decision of the weekend, especially if we held it at their
facilities.  The guidelines do not include the 15th date.

It is good that the conference website provides the Conference list dates
regardless of how they were arrived at.

I wonder if a curve fit could be applied here, perhaps using the day of the
year as the "date data" and then converting back to an actual calendar date
when "predicting."  Leap years is probably an issue.