ThinkJet Printhead/Ribbon Cable assy to repair HP-2225 Printers

Robert Prosperi bobprosperi at optimum.net
Sun Aug 28 15:03:34 MDT 2016

Dave,

If you print even just a small amount every week or so, it stays fresh enough to use when needed. I will print just a simple disk catalog or something similar periodically and it's fine. The real problem is if you just leave the cartridge in for long periods (6 months or more) the ink has a tendency to leak onto the sensitive electrical contacts on the carriage, and the corrosive nature of the ink damages the contacts making it useless.

Ink is available from HP and all the obvious places (Amazon, etc.) but you need to check the "use by" date on the box, as this ink seems to be very time sensitive. When buying from unknown sellers, always have them verify the ink date before purchase, otherwise you'll have to return/refund which can be hassle, and lately there have been many sellers that pop into Amazon, sell junk and are gone by the time you receive your defective products.

--bob