ThinkJet Printhead/Ribbon Cable assy to repair HP-2225 Printers

Richard J. Nelson rjnelsoncf at cox.net
Mon Aug 29 12:20:34 MDT 2016

Hello Bob,

I don't remember when HP added color to their ThinkJet cartridges* but I do remember that I published first.  I am also sure that I didn't provide any inspiration because color is "everyone obvious."  We had a tour of ThinkJet cartridges being made in Corvallis during one of our HHCs.  If memory serves I took slides of that tour, but those historical slides were absconded by Emmett Ingram when he took over PPC.

I went to my office shelf that has "all" of my conference proceedings, but it only went back to 2000.  The 1979 and 80's and 90's must be elsewhere.  I remember binding them so they would be preserved.  I sent them to Jake for scanning for the CD project.  He needed to unbind some of them.  I don’t remember rebinding them and perhaps changing their appearance.

I only looked for half an hour in the Library for them and I will continue to try to find the originals.  I know for sure that I have them because I saw some ThinkJet color printer test examples in the last nine (unpacking) years - post retirement move.

With 454 feet of library book shelves it takes more time if you don't know what you are looking for and must read each spine.  With each foot having about an average of 15 items that is over 7200 spines to read.  Looking for something on a book shelf of similar items requires a lot of time if you are not sure what it looks like.

The proceedings are 8-1/2 x 11 inches so they will be on the top or bottom shelves of the 24 floor-to-ceiling book shelves.  That reduces the search time considerably.  Some shelves have similarly sized documents horizontally stacked, however.

I bought bottled ink for my Epson printer for several years and I refilled the four colored cartridges myself.  It can be very messy and you must use the proper techniques to make it routinely doable.

What is amazing to me is that the inkjet cartridge market has held its outrageous prices for so long.  Costco refills HP cartridges for about half price and that is what I use.  A properly designed printer should use  liter bottles of ink to feed the print head.  Ink should be very cheap.

Some years ago I read about HP having a department dedicated to finding people selling refilled cartridges and having the lawyers go after the sellers.  At one time inkjet cartridges were a primary corporate profit source.  One product out-profiting all others of tens of thousands of products

In the process of looking, however, I pulled some items for door prizes, so the time was well spent.

I will have a big box to ship to the hotel because I went the really cheap route to fly to Denver which means no frills and everything has an extra charge.

* Or when they changed to InkJet, and now the generic inkjet name.  It seems that the history of HP "inkjet" is being rewritten         so these historical names are cloudy.  RE: Inkjet Printers are Deskjets.  Why is it that Google ignores "InkJet" and only returns inkjet entries?  It should return “Not found” if that is the case.