HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 24

Jim Johnson jjohnson873 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 05:10:50 MDT 2016


I must have missed what David Ramsey is "cranking out" and was "Mary's suggestion". What is this magical gadget??
~Jim J~

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 3:22 AM, hhc-request at lists.brouhaha.com wrote:
> 
> Send HHC mailing list submissions to
>    hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    hhc-request at lists.brouhaha.com
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    hhc-owner at lists.brouhaha.com
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of HHC digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. HHC 2016 Speakers Schedule (Richard J. Nelson)
>   2. For the First Few ... (Namir Shammas) (Namir)
>   3. Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 21 (Stephen Thomas)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 21:55:14 -0700
> From: "Richard J. Nelson" <rjnelsoncf at cox.net>
> To: "Handheld Computing Conference discussion list"
>    <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: HHC 2016 Speakers Schedule
> Message-ID: <000d01d20e44$2ece6950$8c6b3bf0$@cox.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Hello HHCers,
> 
> 
> 
> Joseph has posted the first cut of the speakers schedule.
> http://hhuc.us/2016/schedule.htm 
> 
> 
> 
> Times and speakers (often added) are subject to change up to the time of the
> presentation.  Joseph will try keep up with any changes so check frequently
> if a specific aspect is of special interest.  No changes are possible during
> his travel day Wednesday.  We will print the schedule for the Conference
> materials envelope on Friday.
> 
> 
> 
> Gene will conduct an RPL and RPN programming contest, but he may have to
> collect the entries earlier than usual due to his schedule.
> 
> 
> 
> Everybody is doing their job getting all the Conference details in order.
> Door prizes are growing.  Due to donations the actual Conference cost will
> be on the lower range of the normal 0 - $50.  All is going well.
> 
> 
> 
> See you soon.
> 
> 
> 
> X <> Y,
> 
> 
> 
> Richard
> 
> 
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160913/a4519546/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 01:53:04 -0400
> From: Namir <nshammas at aol.com>
> To: hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
> Subject: For the First Few ... (Namir Shammas)
> Message-ID: <157274177d4-73a9-2e031 at webprd-a28.mail.aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> One for me please :-) ... pretty with NutraSweet!
> 
> Namir
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160914/adf79cde/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 07:22:10 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Stephen Thomas <sthomasod at yahoo.com>
> To: "hhc at lists.brouhaha.com" <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 21
> Message-ID: <1096785935.825367.1473837731004 at mail.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> SUGGESTION: Add the drinks preference to the registration. Joe can post it on the website. The DIETs and FULLs can berate each other mercilessly.?
> sjt
> 
>      From: "hhc-request at lists.brouhaha.com" <hhc-request at lists.brouhaha.com>
> To: hhc at lists.brouhaha.com 
> Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:31 PM
> Subject: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 21
> 
> Send HHC mailing list submissions to
> ??? hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> ??? http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> ??? hhc-request at lists.brouhaha.com
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> ??? hhc-owner at lists.brouhaha.com
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of HHC digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
> ? 1. Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20 (Geoff Quickfall)
> ? 2. Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20 (David Ramsey)
> ? 3. RE: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20 (Richard J. Nelson)
> ? 4. Re: Fw: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20 (Joseph Horn)
> ? 5. Conference Soda? (Richard J. Nelson)
> ? 6. Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20 (Roger Hill)
> ? 7. Re: Conference Soda (B Walsh)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 11:16:23 -0700
> From: Geoff Quickfall <geoffqf at telus.net>
> To: hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
> Subject: Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
> Message-ID: <781BB359-949E-47FF-8E21-93968A06CF44 at telus.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain;??? charset=us-ascii
> 
> I refuse to drink dihydrogen monoxide.? Good gosh, the big pharma and chemical companies add that to almost everything we drink, inject and eat!? Did you know that 20,000 people a year in North America die from dihydrogen monoxide inhalation!!!
> 
> I need an aspartame fix so sign me up for Diet Pepsi.
> 
> Geoff
> 
>> On Sep 13, 2016, at 11:00, hhc-request at lists.brouhaha.com wrote:
>> 
>> Send HHC mailing list submissions to
>> ? ? hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
>> 
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> ? ? http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> ? ? hhc-request at lists.brouhaha.com
>> 
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> ? ? hhc-owner at lists.brouhaha.com
>> 
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of HHC digest..."
>> 
>> 
>> Today's Topics:
>> 
>> ? 1. Re: Taking a poll (richard nineteenfortyone)
>> 
>> 
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:25:35 -0700
>> From: richard nineteenfortyone <richard1941 at gmail.com>
>> To: Handheld Computing Conference discussion list
>> ? ? <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
>> Subject: Re: Taking a poll
>> Message-ID:
>> ? ? <CAFVPyPxRQTon6QYh1JsXH4A6wNR-6rdK_mZ-MOk4SQz2Tz-ZBw at mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>> 
>> Will the water be alkaline and antioxidant?? ? I recently discovered that
>> homeopathic remedies can be effective in the treatment of ....? moderate
>> dehydration.? Like water, they are also antioxidant (good for putting out
>> fires)_.
>> 
>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Richard J. Nelson <rjnelsoncf at cox.net>
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> We will have water as that doesn?t involve a choice of flavors.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> X < > Y,
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Richard
>>> 
>>> *From:* hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com [mailto:hhc-bounces at lists.
>>> brouhaha.com] *On Behalf Of *ES Hall
>>> *Sent:* Friday, September 09, 2016 5:26 AM
>>> *To:* hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
>>> *Subject:* Re: Taking a poll
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I vote for water or lemonade :) . I don't drink soda and I don't dare
>>> drink diet for the artificial sweeteners. Good luck with the poll !
>>> 
>>> Scottie Hall
>>> 
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Richard J. Nelson <rjnelsoncf at cox.net>
>>> To: Handheld Computing Conference discussion list <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
>>> Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2016 6:54 pm
>>> Subject: Taking a poll
>>> 
>>> Hello,
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> For the last 30 years or so we have had the question of which soda to
>>> buy.? FULL (strength) or DIET.
>>> 
>>> The ratio has changed over the years.? If you don?t vote, you don?t have
>>> the right to complain.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I don?t need any other inputs ? I don?t want any ? except? *FULL* or
>>> *DIET*.? Four characters ONLY.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> What I am looking for is the ratio.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Chime in with your preference.? *If is it ?either? be silent.? If it is
>>> ?neither? (water?) be silent.*
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Put any other information in another email.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Thanks.? The goal is to have an adequate supply for everyone.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> X < > Y,
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Richard
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> P.S.? This is really a secret study on the ability of HHCers to read and
>>> follow instructions by a social expert at some famous University seeking a
>>> topic for a doctoral thesis..
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> HHC mailing list
>>> *HHC at lists.brouhaha.com* <HHC at lists.brouhaha.com>
>>> *http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc*
>>> <http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc>
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> HHC mailing list
>>> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
>>> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> NOT sent from that galldurned iPhone with its crippled bluetooth and
>> authoritarian restrictions.
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160912/0255c81b/attachment-0001.html>
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>> Name: image001.jpg
>> Type: image/jpeg
>> Size: 1336 bytes
>> Desc: not available
>> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160912/0255c81b/attachment-0001.jpg>
>> 
>> ------------------------------
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> HHC mailing list
>> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
>> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
>> 
>> End of HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
>> ***********************************
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 11:19:30 -0700
> From: David Ramsey <dramsey at neko.com>
> To: Handheld Computing Conference discussion list
> ??? <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
> Message-ID: <389B8CAA-A1F0-45AF-B5C2-442E88B22753 at neko.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> 
> Also, fish pee in it.
> 
>> On Sep 13, 2016, at 11:16 AM, Geoff Quickfall <geoffqf at telus.net> wrote:
>> 
>> I refuse to drink dihydrogen monoxide.? Good gosh, the big pharma and chemical companies add that to almost everything we drink, inject and eat!? Did you know that 20,000 people a year in North America die from dihydrogen monoxide inhalation!!!
>> 
>> I need an aspartame fix so sign me up for Diet Pepsi.
>> 
>> Geoff
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 11:40:51 -0700
> From: "Richard J. Nelson" <rjnelsoncf at cox.net>
> To: "'Handheld Computing Conference discussion list'"
> ??? <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: RE: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
> Message-ID: <001601d20dee$5ab89730$1029c590$@cox.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain;??? charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Catch up.? Pepsi has been "ASPARTAME FREE" for months.? Get me more ice.
> 
> X <? Y,
> 
> Richard
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com [mailto:hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com]
> On Behalf Of David Ramsey
> Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 11:20 AM
> To: Handheld Computing Conference discussion list <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
> 
> Also, fish pee in it.
> 
>> On Sep 13, 2016, at 11:16 AM, Geoff Quickfall <geoffqf at telus.net> wrote:
>> 
>> I refuse to drink dihydrogen monoxide.? Good gosh, the big pharma and
> chemical companies add that to almost everything we drink, inject and eat!
> Did you know that 20,000 people a year in North America die from dihydrogen
> monoxide inhalation!!!
>> 
>> I need an aspartame fix so sign me up for Diet Pepsi.
>> 
>> Geoff
>> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> HHC mailing list
> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 12:29:35 -0700
> From: Joseph Horn <JoeHorn at holyjoe.net>
> To: hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
> Subject: Re: Fw: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
> Message-ID:
> ??? <CAFtHDh03ivJ9FsH1sE70+j8_0eJMRnVVEEo1jw8sZUvBC9qDSA at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Hi, Geoff!
> 
> I need an aspartame fix so sign me up for Diet Pepsi.
>> 
> 
> I'll count that as a vote in Richard's "Diet Soda or Sugary Soda?"
> poll.? The tally for registered HHC 2016 attendees is:
> 
> 10 prefer Diet Sodas
> 5 prefer Sugary Sodas
> 
> Failing to vote before this Friday automatically relinquishes one's right
> to complain during the conference. ;-)
> 
> -Joe-? -bringing my own double-sugar soda-
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160913/5e25bf51/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 12:55:08 -0700
> From: "Richard J. Nelson" <rjnelsoncf at cox.net>
> To: "'Handheld Computing Conference discussion list'"
> ??? <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: Conference Soda 
> Message-ID: <002801d20df8$bb429880$31c7c980$@cox.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Haven?t you heard the most recent research ? double sugar attacks magnets.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> From: hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com [mailto:hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com] On Behalf Of Joseph Horn
> Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:30 PM
> To: hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
> Subject: Re: Fw: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
> 
> 
> 
> Hi, Geoff!
> 
> 
> 
> I need an aspartame fix so sign me up for Diet Pepsi.
> 
> 
> 
> I'll count that as a vote in Richard's "Diet Soda or Sugary Soda?" poll.? The tally for registered HHC 2016 attendees is:
> 
> 
> 
> 10 prefer Diet Sodas
> 
> 5 prefer Sugary Sodas
> 
> 
> 
> Failing to vote before this Friday automatically relinquishes one's right to complain during the conference. ;-)
> 
> 
> 
> -Joe-? -bringing my own double-sugar soda-
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160913/5de8773f/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 13:37:40 -0700
> From: Roger Hill <rhill at siue.edu>
> To: Handheld Computing Conference discussion list
> ??? <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: Re: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
> Message-ID: <E1bjuSf-0007ew-JV at elasmtp-curtail.atl.sa.earthlink.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Hi Goeff and all,
> 
> As of a year ago you now get a sucralose fix from Diet Pepsi instead
> of an aspartame fix.? (And a caffeine fix, which is what I drink it
> for when I need it.)
> 
> -- Roger
> 
> P.S.? How about oxygen dihydride?? Or to make it more palatable,
> "hydrogen rust".
> 
> ------------ On Geoff Quickfall's message ------------
> 
> I refuse to drink dihydrogen monoxide.? Good gosh, the big pharma and 
> chemical companies add that to almost everything we drink, inject and 
> eat!? Did you know that 20,000 people a year in North America die from
> 
> dihydrogen monoxide inhalation!!!
> 
> I need an aspartame fix so sign me up for Diet Pepsi.
> 
> Geoff
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:30:27 -0500
> From: B Walsh <bpwalsh at gmail.com>
> To: Handheld Computing Conference discussion list
> ??? <hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> Subject: Re: Conference Soda
> Message-ID:
> ??? <CALYsn7U9CwBoGmU476D6ownS6JjujcA00EFe9pjw=4eJFh6hYg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Joe,
> Since attendance is estimated at 44.32 (what's a third of a person?), that
> leaves 29.32 people who could complain, not counting those who voted but
> might complain just for the sake of doing so.
> 
> Nice of you to volunteer to take complaints about the soda/pop/soft drinks.
> 
> See you on Friday.
> 
> Brian
> 
> P.S. If anyone buys water, please buy spring water, not purified water.
> 
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Richard J. Nelson <rjnelsoncf at cox.net>
> wrote:
> 
>> Haven?t you heard the most recent research ? double sugar attacks magnets.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> *From:* hhc-bounces at lists.brouhaha.com [mailto:hhc-bounces at lists.
>> brouhaha.com] *On Behalf Of *Joseph Horn
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:30 PM
>> *To:* hhc at lists.brouhaha.com
>> *Subject:* Re: Fw: HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 20
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Hi, Geoff!
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> I need an aspartame fix so sign me up for Diet Pepsi.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> I'll count that as a vote in Richard's "Diet Soda or Sugary Soda?"
>> poll.? The tally for registered HHC 2016 attendees is:
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 10 prefer Diet Sodas
>> 
>> 5 prefer Sugary Sodas
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Failing to vote before this Friday automatically relinquishes one's right
>> to complain during the conference. ;-)
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -Joe-? -bringing my own double-sugar soda-
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> HHC mailing list
>> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
>> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
>> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160913/751bb904/attachment.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> HHC mailing list
> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
> 
> End of HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 21
> ***********************************
> 
> 
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160914/cd0c4694/attachment.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> HHC mailing list
> HHC at lists.brouhaha.com
> http://lists.brouhaha.com/mailman/listinfo/hhc
> 
> End of HHC Digest, Vol 90, Issue 24
> ***********************************
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.brouhaha.com/pipermail/hhc/attachments/20160914/2d035d1e/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the HHC mailing list