Collections

Richard J. Nelson rjnelsoncf at cox.net
Wed Jun 7 12:44:20 MDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

I appreciate the feedback.  Actually the scanning effort may not be as much
of an effort as it appears.

Remember that I have multiple copies of many documents and manuals.  Do all
revisions of manuals have to be included?  All languages?  I have very few
non-english manuals.  That could cut the effort by 60%.  Many of the
documents are already on the internet in the form of owner's manuals.  Some
of the literature is also on the internet.

I have bought the filing cabinets and have most of the folders to gather the
literature for filing.  Multiple copies here have value as follows.  HP
printed brochures covering their product line.  It makes sense to file by
model number.  If a brochure covers five models a copy could be filed under
each model number.  I have started some filing and a folder for literature
by family also makes sense.  For 40+ years I discarded NOTHING related to
calculators.  I can fill one drawer of just photographs.

Here is a Conference project idea.  Make a list of machines.  I can provide
a list accurate up to a few years ago.  Verify what OMs are available on the
internet.  Since HP isn't interested in the older models (all except Prime?)
I don't see them as having a problem with our scanning them and posting
them.  I will look into this aspect.

Many of the ads are in publications that are on the internet.  What is
desirable is a list of "missing" documents that need to be scanned first.

X < > Y,

Richard.