HHC 2018 Update

Richard rjnelsoncf at cox.net
Tue May 1 10:45:39 MDT 2018

Hello HHCers,

The dates are:  September 29 & 30.  The last weekend of September.  This is one week later than was discussed at HHC 2017.

It's the Springhill Suites San Jose 1 mile from San Jose International Airport.  Hotel Shuttle provided.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sjcjs-springhill-suites-san-jose-airport/

The Conference rate, $124.00  is for the 28 & 29 because ("weekend" rate) it is a business type suites hotel.  While the Sunday rate, $179, and other "weekday" rates will be higher it won't be as high as their normal rates.  California is a VERY expensive state and the bay area (Silicon Valley) is exceptionally so.  All rooms are suites with one King size bed and one pullout

Because of a Beyoncé Concert on the 29th the competition for all  rooms will be high.  Once the website is launched attendees should register ASAP to insure a room.   We assume sharing will be the norm.  While this is far from ideal it is the best that could be found - considering all aspects of meeting room, food, location, etc.

The HHC website will be launched within a few days with additional details soon.

Ex HP Calculator Manager Sam Kim lives in the area and will be attending.  He has helped get the hotel information working with Monte who searched extensively..