HHC Digest, Vol 108, Issue 8

Jim Johnson jjohnson873 at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 12:31:23 MDT 2018

If you haven’t noticed yet, GDPR is a really big deal.  The EU can fine companies, worldwide for violating the use of personal information collected by companies of individuals.  The fines can be substantial.  You may have noticed that many large (and some smaller ones) have been updating their privacy policies for any customers who do business with them.  Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, etc. have all put out new privacy policies that are intended to address the protection of an individuals data that they may collect with their products and services and how that information is used or protected from breaches or misuse.

I’m glad, for once, that someone in this world is interested in protecting my personal information and how it’s used.  This law is intended to protect information for individuals in the EU.   There’s no equivalent law in the U.S. to protect personal information of U.S. citizens.