Privacy restrictions cont'd

richard nineteenfortyone richard1941 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 14:20:59 MDT 2018

Yet Apple is moving a lot of its data storage operations to China where the
data is mined with a vengeance.  All of the FANG companies (Facebook,
Amazon, Netflix, and Google) do the same.   There is no privacy, just like
there is no security.  Only the illusion of privacy.   Read your doctor's
privacy form, which always says, "We reserve the right to change these
policies at any time without notifying you."  🤔

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Richard <rjnelsoncf at cox.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I ran into the stronger European data protection at our calculator
> Conferences with the one sponsored by HPCC in 2007 when we took every ones
> photo to put on a badge.  I wanted to put them in a Conference report and
> was told that was not possible because of the privacy laws.  After much
> discussion and research I decided that since I was in the US I wasn’t
> subjected to those laws and I did what I usually do.
>

> Privacy is a matter of degree as is gray between black and white.  It is a
> difficult tradeoff to make.  If you are used to a very restrictive
> environment you think that it is “normal”, if otherwise you think that it
> is strange and restrictive.
>

> I suppose it is one of those technology advancing and social law trying to
> deal with the issues that this  raises.  I remember attending a CES
> (Consumer Electronics Show) with an author of books on technology – Charles
> Sippl.  He told me a story of his attending a video show with a loaned
> video camera (they were very BIG in the early days) being told that he
> could not video tape the video exhibits.  Your eyes may see it, but a
> “synthetic” eye cannot.  Recording something is different than just seeing
> it.  This is the social nature of human beings – we intuitively recognize
> our own limitations.

NOT sent from that galldurned iPhone with its crippled bluetooth and
authoritarian restrictions.