Become a member of a new computing club, the Bay Area Retrocomputing Club

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Thu Oct 4 15:58:15 MDT 2018

Gentlemen,

The San Francisco Bay Area gets a new computer club this month; the “Bay
Area Retro Computer Club” and our first meeting is 22nd October in San
Mateo, CA. The intent is to be "big tent" and not at all
platform-centric, or otherwise focused on a particular era of computing.

Our first-ever guest speaker, Lawrence Kesteloot, will present the Alice
4, a home-made tablet that only runs mid-1980s SGI 3D graphics demos.
The tablet includes a custom-built GPU in an FPGA. The talk will cover
the history of the project and a brief overview of FPGA programming, 3D
rasterization, and enclosure design, along with some lessons learned.

NOTE: In order to attend, your name must be provided ahead of time. No
walk-in attendees who have not pre-registered will be allowed to enter,
due to the policy of the venue operator.

there will be further instructions on how to RSVP for our first meeting.

While I was sadly not able to make it to the HHC on account of a
horrible head cold, I was there in spirit, with my 200LX.

Regards,
Alex Perez
BARCC Co-founder