What goes into selecting a conference hotel

David Ramsey dramsey at neko.com
Fri Oct 5 11:52:46 MDT 2018

Your list seems pretty comprehensive to me. At Reno the hotel was within walking distance of the airport and was reasonably priced. They only had breakfast available but we were free to bring in whatever food we wanted; I recall Eric Smith and I making soft drink runs to Wal-Mart. I believe we brought in pizza and sandwiches for the lunches.

Most hotels are happy to host conferences and have someone whose job it is to facilitate this. I believe I checked out three hotels before choosing the one we eventually used.

— David