Best wishes to you all again!

richard nineteenfortyone richard1941 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 17:13:27 MDT 2018

You are absolutely right about guns.  And there is one thing that all of
the shooting victims have in common: they were unarmed!  I think that
EVERYBODY should be unarmed, including police, politicians, criminals, and
military.  And that ban should extend to other weapons such as knives,
axes, swords, body armor, nuclear weapons (except for American, of course),
clubs, crossbows, nerve gas, cruise missiles, and more.

Alas, the world is not yet a civilized place.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 2:29 PM Walter Bonin <walter.bonin at web.de> wrote:

> I thought having answered your mail already but can't find it. Thus once
> again:
>
> Yes, it will.
>
> As for guns, this topic is settled in all civilized countries meanwhile.
> So it doesn't make sense to discuss it furthermore -- just count the kids
> shot every year in your country and think about them and their parents and
> relatives. If the citizens of this country then still think their homeland
> becomes safer with millions of firearms carried in public, well, then they
> have to learn it the hard way inevitably. What a pity for the kids -- and
> how nice for the NRA and D.T.
>
> Walter
>

> *Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 03. Oktober 2018 um 16:57 Uhr
> *Von:* "richard nineteenfortyone" <richard1941 at gmail.com>
> *An:* "Handheld Computing Conference discussion list" <
> hhc at lists.brouhaha.com>
> *Betreff:* Re: Best wishes to you all again!
> Will the PDF be electronically searchable?
>
> As for guns, there are certain people who should not be allowed to have
> them:  homosexuals, attractive young women working late night jobs in bad
> neighborhoods, members of labor unions, undesired races such as blacks,
> Mexicans, Irish, and Jews, cripples, and old people who are physically
> unfit but carry a lot of money.  Remember: when seconds count, the police
> are minutes away.
>
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 2:28 AM Walter Bonin <walter.bonin at web.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> hope you who are there are enjoying the conference. The rest of us is
>> looking forward to the videos :)
>>
>> Some days ago, I was asked:
>>
>> Now that the 34S project has been deemed finished for several years
>> (as has the 31S). Is there a possibility of a PDF version of the
>> final manual being added to the sourceforge repository so people can
>> reference it easily?
>>
>> I did call for a little poll to avoid stepping on people's toes by giving
>> away for free which had to be bought before. Response was encouraging. So
>> here's my offer:
>>
>> *A clean pdf copy (without watermarks etc.) of the WP34S manual will be
>> put at a place publicly accessible for free downloads AS SOON AS the
>> ridiculous ban against me on the forum of hpmuseum.org
>> <http://hpmuseum.org> is lifted by whomever is able to do this. *
>>
>> I don't ask for excuses for banning me for something the respective
>> 'moderator' did misread obviously -- meanwhile I know logic is scarce and
>> justice is seldom met in the wild southwest as long as firearms are at
>> hand. I'll try hard to handle those explosive people carefully in future.
>>
>> At the bottom line, however, I promised my dear friend Demosthenes
>> Athenaios (who spoke for me on the Agora while I can't) to try getting this
>> ban lifted after more than two years; so he can enjoy his pension on his
>> sunny Greek island without being bothered by strange American customs
>> anymore.

> [...]

NOT sent from that galldurned iPhone with its crippled bluetooth and
authoritarian restrictions.