HHC 2019 Conference update

Eric Rechlin eric at hpcalc.org
Wed Aug 7 19:12:10 MDT 2019

Yes, airfares are extraordinarily expensive to Reno, which is probably one
reason for the diminished interest.  I was waiting for fares to go down, but
they never did, so I finally bit the bullet yesterday and paid for a $519
fare from Houston.  And that wasn't even the best flight times (or even
non-stop), either of which would have added more.  I've flown to Europe for
that much!

Perhaps one thing to consider when deciding locations of future conferences
is airfare, because at least for me that cost more than the hotel.  On the
other hand, perhaps flights are expensive everywhere now thanks to the 737
shortage.

Eric