HHC 2019 Update #2

richard nineteenfortyone richard1941 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:45:37 MDT 2019

OK, thanks for the referral to famous Dave's.   We have no BBQ in Carson
City, only a chain place called Dickey's that is really awful and
overpriced.   This is probably because Carson lacks immigrants from Texas
and other good BBQ regions.   I'll try Dave's next time I go north
(probably tomorrow).

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:53 AM David Ramsey <dramsey at neko.com> wrote:

> I will adapt the schedule as needed based on the people attending. I know
> I mentioned this originally back in April, but now I’m actually starting an
> attendees list. I should be able to handle 10 or so people; right now I
> have Günter and Eric Smith. If you previously expressed interest in
> attending, my apologies: please do so again. This will be on the Thursday
> evening before the conference, i.e. Thursday, September 19, 2019.
>
> I can pick people up at the airport at transport back to the hotel if
> needed, maximum of four people squeezed into the Tesla with me. Let me know
> if you think you need transport.
>
> The last time I did this, I just got a lot of meaty goodness from a local
> BBQ house (Famous Dave’s). Shredded pork, sliced brisket, potato salad,
> etc. with some buns to make sandwiches. Soft drinks and water. If anyone
> has any special dietary restrictions, let me know and I’ll see what I can
> do to accommodate you.
>
> — David
>
> P.S. Someone on the list had previously suggested a Tesla Gigafactory
> tour. I haven’t heard anything more about that and don’t know if it’s even
> possible for an ad-hoc group, but I can look into this if needed.
>
> P.P.S. We also have one of the premier auto museums in the country, the
> National Auto Museum (formerly Harrah’s) if anyone’s interested in that.
>
> > On Jun 11, 2019, at 11:41 AM, Günter Schink <web at 4schink.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi David
> >
> > if you are still planning the BBQ, I'd love to come also. My flight is
> scheduled to arrive at Reno at 5:10pm on Thursday. It will take some time
> to disembark, get the car and check in at the hotel. Provided my flight
> doesn't have to much delay, I should be able to leave the hotel by 7:30pm.
> Would that be still in time to join the party?
> >
> > Günter
> >
> > Am 11.04.2019 um 01:21 schrieb David Ramsey:
> >> Also, in 2014 I had a get-together at my house for those who made it in
> early; I think it was on a Thursday evening, I’d like to do the same again
> this year if there’s interest. Let me know. Last time I brought in various
> BBQ dishes from Famous Daves and would likely do the same again.
> >>
> >> — David

NOT sent from that galldurned iPhone with its crippled bluetooth and
authoritarian restrictions.