Thursday Night (Re: HHC 2019 Update #2)

Roger Hill rhill at siue.edu
Fri Jun 14 03:09:19 MDT 2019

Hi David,

I think I will be arriving on thursday, and would like to come if
there is still room.

Thanks,

-- Roger

(Sorry for late response; I was away from my E-mail for a couple of
days in the process of packing up and flying to California for the
summer).

------------ On your message ------------

I will adapt the schedule as needed based on the people attending. I
know I mentioned this originally back in April, but now I’m
actually starting an attendees list. I should be able to handle 10 or
so people; right now I have Günter and Eric Smith. If you previously
expressed interest in attending, my apologies: please do so again.
This will be on the Thursday evening before the conference, i.e.
Thursday, September 19, 2019.

I can pick people up at the airport at transport back to the hotel if
needed, maximum of four people squeezed into the Tesla with me. Let
me know if you think you need transport.

The last time I did this, I just got a lot of meaty goodness from a
local BBQ house (Famous Dave’s). Shredded pork, sliced brisket,
potato salad, etc. with some buns to make sandwiches. Soft drinks and
water. If anyone has any special dietary restrictions, let me know
and I’ll see what I can do to accommodate you.

— David

P.S. Someone on the lisst had previously suggested a Tesla
Gigafactory tour. I haven’t heard anything more about that and
don’t know if it’s even possible for an ad-hoc group, but I can
look into this if needed.

P.P.S. We also have one of the premier auto museums in the country,
the National Auto Museum (formerly Harrah’s) if anyone’s
interested in that.