[Intel-devsys] Tauntek/Grieb Z80 and 8080 ICEs

Gary Kaufman gkaufman at the-planet.org
Wed Aug 7 20:32:58 MDT 2019

Thanks Herb, I read quite a few groups, but don't post all that often.
I also cross-posted with Paul's note as I get a daily digest form of messages.

I fortunately do have a few more of the CPLD's thanks to a generous donation from a hobbiest in the UK.
At least in the near future I should be able to help out folks who need an 8080A or Z80 ICE.

I rather appreciated your comments about the Rabbit-hole.  Trying to use the Xilinx software on a modern computer was my "rabbit hole" with this project - compounded by many counterfeit or defective parts.  I eventually found an older programmer that could handle the CPLD's directly thru the use of a rather pricey ZIF socket.

- Gary