[Intel-devsys] irmx-80 diskettes

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.com
Thu Aug 15 17:19:48 MDT 2019

Thanks Bill, this is very comprehensive. A few comments.

You might do the easy thing first: read off the single-density disks.
YOu could do that in CP/M on a CP/M box, or with Dunfield's imagedsk on
an MS-DOS box. In any event you can verify the disk scheme.

DD M2FM is harder. But you might ask Mark Ogden about it. (now this
conversation is in the Intel-dev list, Mark can speak for himself.)

He's created a lot of files from Intel disk sources. He's rewritten
Dunfield tools to run under Windows. He may have a tool to run under
ISIS, or be willing to write one.

  https://github.com/ogdenpm/disktools/tree/master/unidsk

Unpacks an isis .imd or .img file into the individual files.
     Supports ISIS II SD, ISIS II DD, ISIS III and ISIS IV

There is an old CP/M program to read ISIS diskettes, look in the CPMUG.
I retrieved it decades ago to read DEC RT-11 diskettes. (And I did
tonight, it's in CPMUG #1. I'll zip it up and send it to Bill.)

No hurry on this, Bill of course, you have a full plate.

Regards,
Herb

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net