[Intel-devsys] disk formats (was: irmx-80 diskettes)

Jon Hales jonhales at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 03:05:14 MDT 2019

Herb, cc others

Here's a link to a useful discussion (posted in 2015, but mostly valid
today) of devices and software for archiving data from floppy disks:

https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/7877/a-comparison-of-current-disk-archival-tools

The author uses the name 'Someguy' and appears to be a moderator on the
Winworldpc forum.

The advice seems soundly-based and experience-based.

I'll sort out some photos of the arrangements I use for connecting a
Shugart drive to a PC - for a future message.

I noticed that MS-DOS 2.0 supported 8 inch drives with several IBM formats.
However, this support wasn't present in later versions of DOS.

Best regards

Jon