[Intel-devsys] disk formats

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.com
Sat Aug 17 11:36:44 MDT 2019

Thanks, Jon, the discussion post is informative. Note: it was edited
June 2017 and the last post by "Someguy" was also that date. His 2017
post said "still waiting on an update to Kyroflux software". Support for
these microcontroller-based external floppy controllers varies.

My Web browser allows a "save to PDF" for that Web page, and I've done
so. I can't republish it but I'll keep it for personal reference.

Dave Dunfield's archived site has notes on connecting 8-inch drives to a
34-pin PC compatible floppy connector. His imagedisk also supports a
connection from the parallel port to toggle the "TG43" line on 8-inch
drives. That changes the write current for tracks above 43 (I forget if
it's increased or decreased).

dBit's floppy connector board FDADAP , counts tracks and produces this
signal; it's still in production. The proprietor Dave is/was a colleague
of mine from some time ago; he supports PDP-11 tech.

Regards, Herb

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net