[Intel-devsys] Progress

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.com
Thu Aug 22 21:23:01 MDT 2019

Bill, I'd suggest working with a 5.25-inch drive first, say an old 360K
DD drive. The board should expect that. The board ought to work with its
own BIOS but it's possible you need some driver, especially for SCSI
hard drives. There ought to be an adaptec manual around the Web...

http://download.adaptec.com/pdfs/user_guides/aha1520a_ug.pdf

Hey, they are still in business!

Get 360K working, then go for the 8-inch stuff. Dunfield's site
describes the cabling. You know the drill. There's Richard Main's
adapter board, right? Or spend $47 and get Dbit's take on the cabling:
he has a means to fake the GT47 (reduced write current) signal by
counting seeks:

http://www.dbit.com/fdadap.html

Dave Wilson of Dbit is a good PDP-11 guy, by the way.

Herb

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net