[Intel-devsys] switching power supplies

Jack Mcmullen forjack842 at aol.com
Fri Aug 23 11:21:25 MDT 2019

The switchers aren't black magic. One needs a isolated variac, load resistors, stock of good ESR caps.90% of the time the caps fail due to cap aging. Like old electronics the output supplies caps need to be rep[laced.Regulation is by pulsing feed back generated by a voltage sensing circuit driving a opto coupler LED. The receiving transistorenables/disables the power inverter. Typically the 5v or 12 volt main is the controlling voltage with the rest slave regulated.
Jack