[Intel-devsys] Hobbytronics update

Jon Hales jonhales at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 04:11:45 MDT 2019

I thought it might be useful to check the situation with the Hobbytronics
USB Host Controller v2.4. Please refer to the attached PDF copied from
their website.

The key part is the text in red. It's only available as a kit with a
minimum order of 10. And it requires 'a hot plate or oven' because some
'SMD components are under the components'. It seems the price has increased
as well.

A second PDF shows the page about the USBHOST-DIP. Fine for those who
design boards.

It seems good that some of us took the opportunity to buy assembled and
tested units while they were available.

Best regards

Jon

Note: some time ago, there was a notice referring to the key staff member
who built the USB units having had health problems. It seems that situation
is continuing. We may not be able to count on the same level of
responsiveness to requests for firmware support in future.