[Intel-devsys] IMAGEDISK for MDS 8" SSSD disks

Bill Beech (NJ7P) nj7p at nj7p.info
Thu Feb 27 18:00:55 MST 2020

Roger et al,

A very interesting thread!  Roger, please document your Imagedisk box.
I am trying, in my spare time, to get one running, as well.

I have downloaded both Roger's images.  They are identical, as I suspect
he used the original to write the test disk.  What processing went on
between these versions other than a file name change?

I note they are not bootable and contain trash on the first and second
tracks.  I also see the expected 6 sector skew in the data in the image.

Is it possible that the sectors written on the test disk are written in
the wrong order?  Is it possible to read the entire track 2 with all the
gap and flag data on another machine to see what is actually on the disk?

Bill