Nonpareil Patch: HPIL emulation implemented, plus other things
Khanh-Dang NGUYEN THU LAM
kdntl at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 21 17:26:34 PST 2009
I finally managed to write a patch for HPIL emulation (coconut only) in
nonpareil. The patch implements the following:
- Full emulation (hopefully) of the 1B3C chip used in the HPIL rom
module for HP-41. It means, nonpareil can send and receive HPIL
frames as a real HP-41 does.
- Simulation of HPIL devices. Currently, only a serial device is
implemented (it can simulate a subset of functions of the HP82164A -
HPIL/RS232 peripheral). I guess implementing other devices would not
be too difficult (drives, video device, printer, whatever)
This patch also fixes some minor issues:
- MOD1 pages at non-fixed page number can now be loaded
- Bug fix: when an additional chip (such as helios) was loaded into
nonpareil, the status file couldn't be opened.
- nonpareil can now autoloads object files at startup. Note: I think
it's better to autoload rom's contents rather than store it in the
status file: the user knows precisely which roms are loaded.
Most part of the code is ugly. But it works. Maybe, Eric, you could
clean the patch better than I could do, for you know the project better
than anyone else could :-)
You can download the patch at: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/kdntl/hp41/.
Some more details about the patch are given on that page too.
Hope you enjoy!
More information about the Nonpareil-devel