HP12c microcode

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Wed May 26 22:56:52 PDT 2010

On 04/14/2010 09:31 AM, Felipe Coutinho wrote:
> But I think there are some commercial emulators based on nonpareil
> that are not open source. Am I right? And the HP12c microcode, it it
> GPLv2? I'm asking these things because I'm interested to use the HP12c
> microcode in one of my apps, but it has other license. I'm not
> interested to port the nonpareil code, but to use only the HP12c
> microcode.

The 11C, 12C, 15C, and 16C microcode files that were formerly supplied
with Nonpareil were NOT covered by the GPL.  They were included in the
Nonpareil distribution by mistake, and are no longer included.

I am aware of one commercial application using the 12C microcode from
Nonpareil, and it is licensed.  I'd be interested in hearing about any
others.  If they are really using the 12C microcode from Nonpareil, they
are infringing the copyright.

Best regards,
Eric