Installing

Stern, Andrew Andrew.Stern at itg.com
Mon Nov 17 07:35:30 PST 2008

I'm trying to install nonpareil onto a base Ubuntu 8.10 and so far I've
done the following:

Added following packages:

  Flex

  Bison

  NetPBM

Note that Python was already on the system and I'm using the version of
SCons that is included with nonpareil.

After some additional reading I decided to 'apt-get install
libgtk2.0-dev'

However when I 'sudo scons-local/scons.py install' I get errors:

 Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

 src/str2png.c 30 error: gdk/gdk.h: No such file or directory.

 src/str2png.c 55 error: expected '=', ',' ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__'
before '*' token

What packages or steps am I missing?   Thank you.

BTW. I would be great if there was a complete list of installation steps
or an installation FAQ on the website.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
This message is for the named person's use only. This communication is for
informational purposes only and has been obtained from sources believed to
be reliable, but it is not necessarily complete and its accuracy cannot be
guaranteed. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase
or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any
transaction. Moreover, this material should not be construed to contain any
recommendation regarding, or opinion concerning, any security. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Securities products and services provided to Canadian investors are offered
by ITG Canada Corp. (member CIPF and IDA), an affiliate of Investment
Technology Group, Inc.

ITG Inc. and/or its affiliates reserves the right to monitor and archive
all electronic communications through its network.

ITG Inc. Member FINRA, SIPC